Having a well stocked first aid kit is important for any home but absolutely essential if you have children. This is my simple guide on what to put in a first aid kit. I personally divide my first aid kit up so it’s easy to find what I need when I need it in a hurry. I’ve broken the sections up below.
First Aid & Allergies
This is my go to box for any kind of accident, sting, burn or basic first aid. In here I keep:
- burn cream
- crepe bandage
- tea tree oil
- Zyrtec (for allergies/bites)
- magnoplasm (awesome for drawing out splinters etc)
- small containers of saline (for rinsing out eyes etc)
Pain & Cold/Flu
In this box I keep anything relevant for general colds/pain etc. I’ve got…
- panadol & panadine
- bonjela & sm33 (I get mouth ulcers but can be for teething too)
- cold and flu tablets (that I have looked at longingly for the last 3+ years as I’ve been almost constantly pregnant or breastfeeding!)
- eucalyptus oil
- Tiger balm or other similar muscle strain cream
Tummy & Child/Baby
This box has everything for tummy upsets as well as some general kids first aid stuff.
- hydrolight powder
- quickeeze (for heartburn)
- zinc based nappy cream
- wind remedy (natural) for babies
What do you keep in your first aid kit?