Spring Cleaning Day 12/13: The Fridge
You’ve made it to the weekend… and that means a slightly bigger task is ahead. If you didn’t get a chance to finish off all the curtains yesterday or you’ve got some tasks to catch up on, then today is the day to do it. We are also tackling the fridge, but don’t worry, I have a plan!
How to clean the fridge
I prefer to do an initial purge of anything obviously past its prime, and then work shelf by shelf. This is my approach…
- Throw out any food that is past it’s prime, any containers of left overs that need to go, and any other yucky junk lurking in there.
- Decide on where things will be stored. Where will condiments, eggs, fruit, veggies etc go? You’ll need to have a plan so everything gets put back where it should.
- Starting with the top shelf, take everything on each shelf out and work your way down.
- Check each jar and container for its best before or used by date and dispose of anything you missed previously.
- Give all containers and jars a wipe down and set aside on the bench top to repack later.
- Once everything is unpacked, mix some hot water with a small amount of dishwashing detergent and wipe down all shelves. If some are particularly grimy you may need to remove them from the fridge and give them a good soak and scrub.
- Give all the seals a thorough clean.
- Wipe down the outside of the fridge.
- Repack everything neatly.
I’d love to see your before and after photos, so feel free to share them on the Facebook page (or in our group).
If you haven’t already, make sure you join our Facebook group. It is a lovely group of supportive women (there are a few men but it’s mostly us girls).