This is a delicious and simple winter soup, pop it in the slow cooker and come home to the perfect chicken soup. You can also cook it on the stove top for one hour.
Simple Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 small parsnip
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 tbs green split peas
- 2 tbs pearl barley
- 3 cups chicken stock
- salt & pepper
- Remove as much skin from the drumsticks as possible.
- Peel and chop the onion, carrot, parsnip, celery and sweet potato, and chop the celery.
- Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook for 4 hours on high.
- Pull chicken flesh off bones and discard bones and any remaining skin.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.