This roasted vegetable frittata recipe is perfect for days when you have nothing in the cupboard and need a quick dinner option. You can exchange any of the vegetables for alternatives that you have handy and you can even pre roast and freeze veggies to use later.
The frittata also freezes well once cooked and is great in lunch boxes.
Delicious Roasted Vegetable Frittata Recipe
- 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, chopped
- ¼ sweet potato, cubed into ½ cm pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- ½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tbs dried parsley
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 5 baby bocconcini
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Place vegetables (excluding mushrooms and baby spinach) on a baking tray and coat with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Lightly whisk eggs and milk, add in herbs
- Coat a quiche dish with olive oil.
- Pour in ½ egg and milk mixture.
- Top with ½ the baby spinach leaves and all mushrooms and roasted vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add remaining egg mixture and spinach leaves.
- Slice bocconcini and place evenly over the top of the egg/vegetable mix.
- Season again lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set and lightly browned.