Working out how to organise your linen cupboard can be a challenge. It’s easy to forget about it until you open it and everything falls on you! Here are some simple tricks for organising your linen closet in a way that is easy to maintain and will free up space.
Step 1: Sort and declutter
Sort through and get rid of unnecessary clutter. If it isn’t something you use then consider getting rid of it. Try to minimise the amount of linen you have in total to free up space and make it easier to keep organised.
I keep for each bed:
- 2 summer sheets sets
- 2 flannelette sheets sets
- 1 doona (two for the kids)
- 1 light weight blanket
I then have:
- 2 everyday table cloths
- 3 formal table cloths
- 12 tea towels (6 are used as hand towels in the kitchen and 6 as normal tea towels for drying dishes)
- 3 bathrooms sets (2 towels, 2 bath mats, 2 face washers & 1 hand towel)
- 6 extra kids towels
- 12ish face washers (used for wiping kids faces after meals)
- 12 beach towels (this sounds like a lot but we live near the beach and with 4 of us they get used constantly!)
Step 2: Organise and store
- Store sheet sets inside the pillowcase for the set. This way everything stays together and is easy to grab.
- Keep different items separated on relevent shelves. Sheet sets together, beach towels, bathroom stuff etc. This makes it easier to keep everything organised and easy to access.
- Consider putting things in wire baskets to make them easier to pull out.
- Don’t put too much in the cupboard. The fuller it is the harder it is to keep organised.
Now maintain it!
I also found this photo showing how to fold a fitted sheet which is helpful when organising your linen cupboard.
Here are some great inspirational photos I found of before and after transformations too.
Check out the new decluttering and speed cleaning books out now!
Available for instant download from the online shop.