After clearing out my pantry a couple of weeks ago as part of the 30 Day Declutter, I discovered a packet of macadamias that were coming close to their best before date. I did some experimenting and came up with these amazing macadamia cookies. They are divine!
Macadamia cookies recipe
- 100g macadamia nuts
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 120g butter, softened (can exchange for nuttlex for dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Add macadamia nuts and sugar to a food processor or strong blender and blend until fine.
- Add all remaining ingredients and "pulse" 10-15 times until just combined. DON'T over mix.
- Roll into balls and place on greased baking tray.
- (the mixture will be very soft and quite sticky, this is fine)
- Bake for 20 minutes (watching closely and removing when they are browned).
- Leave to firm up for 10-15 minutes before attempting to remove from the tray as they are very delicate and will crumble.