Playdough is SO easy and so cheap to make. These are my two favourite recipes to make your own playdough. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 teaspoon of cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of salt
- Food colouring
- Mix together all ingredients, except for the food colour.
- Microwave it in a bowl for about one minute and stir.
- Microwave for about 30 more seconds.
- Keep repeating until the playdough is dough like.
- Knead the playdough and add the food colouring.
No Cook Playdough
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tbs cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water (adding in small amounts until it feels just right)
- a few drops of food colouring
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large bowl
- Add food colouring into the boiling water then into the dry ingredients
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Allow it to cool then take it out of the bowl and knead it for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. It is important to knead it thoroughly until it has the right consistency
- If it is still sticky then add a bit more flour until just perfect