This is a really simple but delicious chicken pie, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. It also freezes well!
Easy weekday chicken pie
Author: An Organised Life
Recipe type: Main
- 400g chicken breast, cubed into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tabs butter or nuttlex
- White section of one leek sliced thinly
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cob corn, kernels removed
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add chicken, cooking until browned and cooked through
- While chicken cooks, add butter, leek, mushrooms and corn to a medium saucepan and sauté until leek is soft.
- Stir flour into mix and then add stock, stirring continuously.
- Simmer while sauce thickens for 3-4 minutes. Sauce should still run easily but not be watery.
- Season well with salt and pepper and add mixed herbs.
- Combine sauce and chicken, stir well and add to a pie dish.
- Cover pie dish with puff pastry and coat with egg.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until nicely browned.