Fried rice is one of those great meals that can be thrown together at the last minute with just about anything on hand. If you’ve got left over BBQ chicken or some veggies you want to use up, then this easy fried rice is the perfect simple dinner. You don’t need to stick to the ingredients listed in the recipe exactly and you can exchange white rice for brown rice if you prefer.
Fried rice also makes a great lunch box alternative to sandwiches. You can store it in a thermos container and it will be ready and warm for lunch time. This is a super easy fried rice recipe that you can throw together for an easy weeknight meal.
Easy fried rice recipe
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 / 2 medium brown onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, corn and carrot mix
- 1 rasher of bacon diced
- 1 egg
- 150g chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cook rice following packet instructions.
- While rice is cooking, light beat egg.
- Add ½ oil to a pan over medium high heat, add egg and cook as an omelet for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove egg and dice roughly, set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pan with onion, bacon and chicken.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook for 3 minutes until heated through.
- Add cooked rice, soy sauce and egg, combining carefully until heated through and well mixed.