Author: An Organised Life
Recipe type: Main
This delicious chorizo frittata is a great weeknight meal that will be popular with the whole family.
- 1 medium sweet potato (approximately 500g) peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- 6 whole eggs + 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs butter
- Olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Cook sweet potato in boiling water or microwave until tender.
- Place butter, onion and garlic in a fry pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chorizo and cook a further 3 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir through baby spinach.
- Spray shallow frittata or pie dish with olive oil spray, add ½ the egg mixture, top with onion, chorizo mix and sweet potato.
- Pour over remaining egg mix and top with cherry tomatoes.
- Cook in a 180 degree over for 25-30 minutes until browned, puffy and set in the middle.
- Serve with a green salad.