I made these muffins in little silicone rectangle baking trays so they are like little mini cakes.
To pretty them up I drizzled some chocolate icing over the top and sprinkled with shredded coconut. Easy!
You can see my son’s pirate version here 😉
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk (use almond or oat if making dairy free)
- ¼ cup melted butter (or nuttlex if dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Lightly beat egg with milk and add vanilla essence.
- Combine egg, vanilla essence and milk mixture into dry ingredients and add melted butter.
- Mix on medium for 1 minute.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.