This super easy chilli con carne recipe can be made on the stove top or easily adapted for the perfect slow cooker chilli con carne! It also freezes well and is great for left overs.
Easy Chilli Con Carne Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 125 g rindless bacon, roughly chopped
- 750 g lean beef mince
- 2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium red capsicums, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons Mexican chilli powder
- 2x 400 g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400 g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Rice, sour cream and avocado to serve
- Heat oil, bacon, garlic and onion in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until onion is clear and then add mince and cook for a further 15 minutes or until browned.
- Add capsicums and chilli. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until soft. Add chilli powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and one cup of water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, partially covered, for 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add beans and increase heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until beans are heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice and vegetables.