This is a super yummy, budget friendly recipe that produces the easiest chicken, bacon and leek pie you’ll ever make. Enjoy!
Chicken, Bacon and Leek Pie
Author: An Organised Life
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 (about 850g) chicken breast fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 250 g bacon rashers, rind removed, coarsely chopped
- 2 small carrots chopped into small cubes
- 1 small zuccini chopped into small cubes
- 1 leek, cut into thick slices
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 50 g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken stock
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1-2x sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Add chicken, bacon, leek, garlic and oil to frypan and cook on medium heat until browned.
- Add stock, vegetables and herbs and bring to the boil
- Combine flour with 1-2tbs of water in a cup then add to pan stiring continuously
- Cook for 5-10 minutes until thickened slightly
- Add mixture to a large pie dish (you may have enough for two!)and top with pastry, pressing firmly around the edges. Make a few small holes with a fork in the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20-30minutes or until pastry is puffy and brown.
- Serve with a salad.