This yummy butter chicken recipe is kid friendly and can easily be frozen ready to pull out on a rushed evening.
Author: An Organised Life
- Olive oil spray or 2 tbs oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs tandoori paste
- 500 g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chicken stock
- 55 g (1/3 cup) cashews, finely chopped
- 70 g (1/4 cup) natural yoghurt or coconut milk
- 2 cups steamed basmati rice
- Steamed veg of choice to serve
- (Optional) Pappadums to serve
- Heat a wok or large frypan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Cook onion, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- Add the tandoori paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Stir in tinned tomato and stock. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the cashew and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until sauce thickens. Stir in the yoghurt/coconut cream. Divide the rice and chicken mixture among serving plates. Serve with pappadums & veggies.