Need to catch up? That’s ok, you can find all previous days here but feel free to just jump straight in.
Have you made your bed? If not go and do that before you keep reading!
Today we are adding another habit to our routine. You can choose to add this to your morning or evening routine depending on what works best. I personally like to do this task at the end of the day so it doesn’t get undone by messy little (and big) people!
Do a 10 minute speed clean every day.
All of us can find a spare 10 minutes in our day and by spending just 10 minutes a day speed cleaning you’ll be able to keep the bulk of the household cleaning under control. If you can’t find 10 minutes in a row, grab two 5 minute chunks and get to work.
Here are some ideas of some quick cleaning tasks to spend 10 minutes on. If you work your way through them every week you will have gone a long way to keeping your home clean.
- Wipe over all bathroom surfaces and give the toilet a quick scrub (this is a great one to do every night before bed)
- Clean the shower screen and vanity mirror
- Vacuum a room or two
- Dust all flat surfaces in two rooms
- Wipe over the kitchen cupboard doors, splash-back and give the stove top a good clean
- Wipe over the skirting boards
- Look up… remove cobwebs, dust ceiling fans and lights
- Vacuum or wipe over the lounge/couch
You might also like this article on speed cleaning.
Don’t forget to wash the dishes, tidy the living room and prepare for the day ahead before bed plus deal with the washing in the morning (and if you still haven’t made the bed, go do it now!!)
If you aren’t already on the daily mailing list join here…