Welcome to Day Eight!
Today’s decluttering task is…LINEN & PILLOWS
Over time we all accumulate random items of linen. Do you have twice as many pillows as beds? Mismatched sets or fitted sheets for double beds when all you have are singles and a queen? It’s time to get clearing out!
If you are really short on space, a good storage idea is to put the sheet set not in use on the bed under the mattress of each bed it belongs to. No cupboard space needed!
I personally keep the following linen:
- Two summer sheet sets for each bed (and an extra for the kids)
- Two flannelette sheet sets for our bed
- One doona for each bed and a spare for the kids
- Two doona covers for each bed
- Two pillows for each bed and two spares
- Two towel sets and some spares for kids and guests
- 8 beach towels (there are four of us and we live near the beach)
You might also like How to organise your linen cupboard.
Remember it is OK to get rid of stuff that is new/unused or even expensive. Re-gift it, give it to charity, just don’t KEEP it!
Remember to think about these things when deciding if something should stay or go.
Do I use it?
Do I love it?
Does it serve a genuine purpose for a genuine need I have?
Am I keeping it “just in case”?